To Make Your TaxAide Appointment, Please Call United Way At 2-1-1
- United Way’s 2-1-1 call center opens Wednesday, January 20, at 10 am; call them to make your tax appointment.
- Tax preparation appointments are Mondays and Saturdays only, February 1-April 11. You must have an appointment; no walk-ins.
- We’re adding new appointment slots frequently, so call 2-1-1 again if slots are all filled.
- TaxAide volunteers are trained and certified with the IRS to prepare personal Federal and NYS income tax returns.
- Bring: copy of your 2014 returns; all 2015 W-2s and 1099 form; end-of-year brokerage statements; supporting documents for itemized deductions.
- TaxAides cannot complete returns with rental income or Health Savings Accounts, or Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if you’ve had a loss or expenses over $10K.
- Filing jointly? Both taxpayers need to be present except in cases of illness or infirmity.